September 15, 2011

Charmed

I'm big on bling. The more outrageous, and in your face, the better. (Judith Leiber, anyone?) But I think it's also worth mentioning that restraint is also a very valuable quality as far as fashion goes, and even in visual kei, there's a fine line between what's laughable and what's just right.

Although both of the below images are a couple seasons old by now, it still inspired quite the spark in me to make the comparison. Something about Reita's bedazzled and whip-stitched jacket just made be think "That Burberry bag!" See below:





From October 2010 Arena37C

Actually, one thing I like about most of the GazettE's outfits from RED PV is the level of texture.(Can I please, please, please know who makes their outfits??!! ) Other than Ruki who's rocking sequins again after Before I Decay (plus he's now blonde again!), every other member has some sort of embossed lizard or croc print going on somewhere. Hard to see, but trust me, it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment