January 27, 2010

Chanel Love




So apparently, this is the Chanel color that launched for fall, and there are waiting lists for it now? Interesting. For anything, go Chanel for bringing black back for nail color. They have power, so I think we'll be seeing this around. It's my favorite. Of course it all ties into the whole "goth" trend that's been in and out for about a year now, but still...
If I had money....for now, my CVS version suits me just fine.

On that note, Chanel has been surprising me since last year when they had their very visual kei-type adverts. Something about the overall mood, the lace combos, and the jewels shown here just made me stop flipping the pages of Vogue (or related mags) and stare for a minute.
I love Chanel, especially their new collection they're showing now for couture, cause how can you not love the best craftsmanship and the art of clothes? Seeing it spurred this post, which is something I've had on my mind since last year when these were first showing.
To further this point, these are the two pics (at left) that made me really stop and look. At the right is Uruha (the GazettE) from LEECH PV, which came out around the same time in 2008. Lots of glimmer, layers, and lacy armbands. It just fits. So although it's old (by fashion standards), the point is still apt.
Also love those black and white tights from a year ago as well. Nothing's so simple but makes such a bold statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment