February 15, 2010

Neon Underground- Echostream, Seileen, and GPKISM


The first night of February was a good one, to say the least. Concert nights are always good, no matter how cold the weather outside. And it was a cold one.

But after getting inside to thaw, it was almost worth freezing my toes off. Echostream was great, playing some old favorites and some new ones, as a good way to get the night going. Clothing-wise, vocalist Ryoko had a fur jacket which was echoed (haha, pun) by Selia later that night in his all white floor length gown. And I couldn't keep my eyes of Tomo (the guitarist, who signed my CD when I didn't even know who he was at NYAF 2008...sorry Tomo! He's really nice in person). And I didn't realize it then, but they have 2 drummers, CJ and Jen. Very cool!

Then out came Sisen! (Unfortunately, all my pictures of him came out either too fuzzy or too dark!) Who of course took the crown already dressed to the nines in Cyber Goth gear and spun until the house became a mini nightclub. (Well, they did have a disco ball!) During small intervals of spinning he came around and gave little gifts to the crowd and danced with his dancers. I didn't see any happier person out there than Sisen.

In the next drove, Selia came out to pair with Sisen. Unfortunately, no pictures of vids here at all, but let me try to paint one with words. He was a vision in white, in a floor length white gown and fur vest, and a feathered headdress. And the highest voice I've heard a man sing. (And I was shocked when I heard Hizaki scream into a mic!) If only to live in Baroque times where this music would *ahem* sorta have contemporary relevance.

Unfortunately, had to make an early night of it and completely missed GPKISM, which probably would have had the most elaborate and Gothiest costumes of them all, and really upset I missed that. Especially since at the end apparently, Sisen, Selia, and Tomo rejoined the stage and they all played one huge song together.

What more could a j-rock fan want from life?

No comments:

Post a Comment