February 26, 2010

Foxy Business

I think it goes back to our caveman instincts that we can never seem to get enough of fur. Whether it's just in animal print or sherling or whatever, real or faux, it always exudes an air of luxury and charm.

This season when Louis Vuitton's bags hit the shelves, we'll see more swinging foxtails on the high streets than ever before. And I'm sure for more than just 1 season. The long tassel and other dangling bits add more movement and character to this otherwise simple silhouette, although the ombre is quite striking here! I've seen the editorials on this bag for a bit now, but it was only recently when looking through my j-rock collection that I should have realized the fox tail trend sooner, because visual kei seems more on a designer's calendar than the stores'. Right away I pulled out my copy of Vandalize and realized what's lying around Shou's neck. (Du!!) And this CD graced stands about a year ago. I wonder if Alice Nine did a tour around Europe at that time? Spot on, LV.

Next time- I have more fashion musings on the Tokyo Fashion Festa this past Friday! Good times, and lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment